If you are under 14 we think you should check with your parents or guardians that they are happy for you to be a member of Habbo Hotel, and please get them to explain any areas of this statement you may not fully understand.
If you have any concerns regarding your personal information, website content, or any queries with regard to Habbo Hotel practices please email us at [email protected]
We collect personal information from you when you visit our Website. This is collected through the use of online forms and your emails. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our Website.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
We process personal information about you for the purposes of:
- Understanding your needs and improving our offering of information, products and services to you, such as special discounts and deals.
- So you can send your friends at Habbo emails and SMS without them knowing your contact details.
- Administering your account with us and letting you know about things we are doing that might affect you (eg changes to the Habbo's procedures, changes to the terms and conditions, etc).
- Carrying out research (ie scientific, social, economic and market).
- Maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource.
- Providing you with personalised information about products and services.
CHAT ROOMS AND MESSAGE BOARDS
We make chat facilities and message boards available to you. Please remember that any information you choose to disclose in these areas may become public information. We would encourage you to exercise caution when deciding to disclose information, and be careful what you reveal to people you don't yet know. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
If you do not wish to receive the Habbo Newsletter, or information about products and services supplied by Habbo or third parties, do not tick the boxes at the bottom of the registration form. You may change these options anytime by selecting the "edit your details" link on our home page.
Alternatively, you may opt out by sending us an email at [email protected]
The Habbo Hotel is not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 14. No one under the age of 14 is allowed to provide any personal information or to use our public discussion areas without parental consent.
If your children disclose information about themselves in our public discussion areas, they may get unsolicited messages from other parties. Accordingly, it is up to you to ensure they abide by our Terms and Conditions.
If you're worried about your children's activities or their privacy on our sites, we encourage you to email us at [email protected]
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser.
We will not sell, share, or rent your information to others except as set out in this Privacy Statement.
- We will only disclose personal information to other companies within our group of companies, business partners, purchasers of our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf. We may also disclose this information to a Licensed Credit Reference Agency.
- The business partners, strategic partners, purchasers of our business and suppliers may gather information for their own purposes and for that reason we cannot exercise control over the uses to which they apply your personal information. It is, however, our belief that when we supply your details to them, they will keep your details secure and not pass them on to third parties and only use your details to market their own products to you.
- In the event of the sale of the Company or its assets your personal details may be disclosed to the purchaser of the Company or the purchaser of its assets.
LINKS TO THRID PARTIES